First Monthly Website Update
The first monthly website update for major Command Risk. We would like to give you a bit of insight as to what has been done so far behind the scenes, and what is being planned for the next month. Most of you can see the front-end things like Tournaments and stuff, but this is an update on what you don’t see. Our first month, July, was filled with a lot of administrative tasks pertaining to the website, as well as a long overdue housekeeping of it’s files.
Marcos our developer has a full-time job and has only been able to work for us on weekends. However, starting in mid-September, Marcos will be done with his contractual obligations giving him the ability to focus on Major Command full time. We look forward to that day!
This is by no means a complete list, but rather a general update of behind-the-scenes activity.
July website update
– administrative tasks relating to the transfer of site and domain ownership
– administrative tasks regarding site and server security
– backing up of database and server files
– creating a wiki file of site functionality
– identifying and documenting the mostly undocumented source code
– setting up a virtual environment to implement fixes and features.
– commissioning a new map
– increased vigilance with multi-accounts and fake users
Now that most the boring, yet necessary tasks are done, in August we hope to start seeing some changes, albeit slowly since Marcos still has other commitments until September. Nonetheless, this is a brief outlook at next month’s plan. Subject to change of course! 😉
August – another website update
– additional database maintenance and archival
– resolve 0-troop bug
– resolve ‘processing’ error
– resolve medals not being awarded issue
– continued vigilance with multi-accounts and fake users
– release a new map
More to follow as things develop! Now go and start playing your favorite Risk games.